Old 05-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
I went on craigslist - national. Seems the machines for sale are concentrated on the coasts... :cry: I will keep looking for a treadle. It may be a while, though. My DH does not think it is as important as getting our children through school - wonder why! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Damn priorities!! I hate it when they get in the way of fun. But at least you can pick you up a cheap machine and go from there!!!

I have noticed since we have quite a few members on the west coast that Washington and Oregon has quite a few there and most of the ones I see you guys buying are really NICE!!! :shock: :shock:

Around these neck of the woods west TN they are not that prominent, I guess because we are a bunch poor farmers who had to do everything the hard way. The East Coast and the Mid west seemed like they were/are covered up in them. My idea was when everyone got to St Louis they tossed the towel in and settled around that area and that the machines really never gravitated towards the western US. Lets face it all of the money was on the Eastern seaboard and the manufacturers were there also so it makes sense in a way.

But how the north west got covered up in them I could not explain other that shipping and the ports there. I told Charlee I am coming to see her and go shopping!!!

But do not get discouraged Lord knows I have a few times but now since the shop is open I am finding machines left and right (coast ;-) )

Billy