Old 05-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Billy I remember you said you have some parts for sale. Can I get a case of PATIENCE! Or maybe some fast acting kerosene. Watching and waiting :(

Other question, does the kerosene damage the decals? I have gotten some on the base and just wanted to know if I need to be more careful.
Your doing good and no it will not hurt the decals as long as you wipe it up not long after it is on the surface. Heck I have submerged machines in 5 gallon buckets full of kerosene for days and it did not hurt them but every machine has a different type of Shellac or varnish on them to protect the decals. If there is a lot od cracking or crazing it could hurt them so I always test a small area on the rear of the pillar just in case. But it will have a tendency to milk u the finish that will come off when you use Go Jo.

And leave the lever and the spring they are not in the way of anything. The only reason I took the Presserfoot bar out of my machine is because it was in the way of one screw. I wanted the leaver out s o I could do a proper polish to it.

Billy