Old 06-08-2010, 03:32 AM
damaquilts

Ok I wasn't going to but I see other families are like mine.
I am the eldest of 10. But the second family I have only seen once when I was very young. The first family of 6 is scattered around the county which is a good thing. I have 2 brothers one just turned 50 and is the only sibling I have contact with.3 sisters I have 3 children 40-35-29. Two girls and a boy. I live with the middle girl the others are in TX and OR. Thank goodness. Have contact with all but we get along so much better if they are on the other side of the country. I have 6 grandchildren and the only one is see all the time is 16 and in college. My family is a mess and I do wish we were closer but by the age 57 I have learned that is a pipe dream in my family. My biological father I never knew, my stepdad died a few years back, my mother died at age 47 from cancer. Stepmother pretty much cut off contact when my dad died. But on the bright side I have my furry kids and grandkids and foster kids. I cannot imagine my life without them they bring me so much love and joy. OH divorced twice and happily single now.