View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 08:11 AM
juliasb

I just finished another scrappy quilt top. I will even use more scraps to make a sawtooth binding on it. I have scraps 'beyond' the imagination anymore.
One of the ways I have gathered up more scraps than the imagination can see is by 'freecycling'. I belong to a group on Yahoo that is a recycling group. You would be more than surprised just how many people give away fabrics. Just recently I received a large bag, one of those tall yard waste bags, filled with fabrics. Many pieces were several yards while others I added to my already bulging scrap baskets. I also sort scraps by fabrics that are other than cottons. Those odd fabrics are great in crazy quilts. A few years ago my sister gave me the greatest Christmas gift. A collapsible basket which divided into 2 separate parts. Strip pieces go on one side and on the other loose pieces larger or longer than 4" There I can keep any number of baggies for different size squares or other shapes. The only problem is I keep running out of space! So I make more scrap quilts than anything else over the last several years. Anyway here is a quick pic of the top I just finished. The block name is " depression block"

queen size Depression block quilt top (scrappy quilt)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84025[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-84020.jpe