View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 PM
crkathleen

This sounds so yummy! I made pork enchiladas tonight. It's made with leftover shoulder pork butt that was cooked in the crocked pot with some basic seasonings. To make the enchiladas I just shred up the meat, add a can of diced green chilies. I microwave my corn tortillias in a paper towel. Dip them in either red or green enchilada sauce (canned - I usually use a more authentic sauce not store brand), add meat and cheese. Roll em up and lay them in a cassarole dish. Top with more cheese and the remainder sauce. The sauce will be soaked up by the corn shells. Quick and easy meal.
Originally Posted by vjengels
This is an easy great tasting, low fat, satisfying recipe,the fillinig holds up well in the frig for a week!
This serves 3, It's just my husband & myself, so increase the amounts if you want to serve more people.
Spinach Black Bean enchilada casssorole:
Filling:
2 C, frozen spinach, thawed.
1/2 can drained , rinsed black beans
1 C. Salsa , separated-
1 to 2 Tbls Taco Seasoning
1/3 C. Shredded Fat free Cheddar cheese
Topping:
1/3 C. Fat free plain yogurt
1 Tbls Lemon, or Lime Juice
2- 6 inch corn tortillas
Pam spray
oven proof dish big enough to fit the tortillas into, ( I use a Corning ware souffle' dish, fit the tortillas perfectly)
mix the filling,including 1/2 c salsa; spray pan lightly, spread 1/4 c salsa on bottom of dish, place one tortilla on salsa, put all the filling in , cover with the other tortilla, and 1/4 c salsa. Cover with Aluminum foil, bake at 350* for 30 mins, uncover ,mix yogurt & juice, spoon yogurt mixture on top, bake uncovered 10 mins.
You could microwave this if you wanted, or, use the filling for burritos
This is adapted from a recipe in ' The American Heart Assoc. Low Fat, Low Cholesterol cook book'.
cheezy saucey mexican-y goodness yum!