Old 06-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Kitzone
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for their willingness to share their expertise. Without your contributions, I may not have taken the chance at restoring my older machine or purchasing a couple "new" ones : )

The first treadle I brought home, my DH made several comments as to my sanity level. Granted, I suppose I could see his point when I backed my car into the garage and asked if he could help me remove it from my trunk. It was certainly easier going in than getting out.

As I sit here reminiscing, it would have been a Kodak moment watching a 75 year old lady and myself lift, position, and finally secure the trunk lid for the 70 mile ride home.

The machine belonged to her mother, who was a seamstress, and after all these years she decided to “get rid “ of some things so that she could move in with her children. Her story touched my heart. I stayed and listened to her talk about her family. From that moment, I realized that I loved listening to the stories as much as I appreciated the sewing machine.

Judy
These machines all have quite a history to them but its a shame that a lot of them will not be known because of multiple sellers or nobody cared to ask about them.

I really like your 27 and it looks like it will be very well taken care of and the history will live on in your heart and in the things it will still make.

Billy