Old 06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Darcene
I am happy that it arrived in good condition....it looks lovely in the cabinet....I don't wear perfume due to allergies...not sure what to tell you about that....the only odor in the air when I was packing her was the PB Blaster I was using on the Kenmore.....maybe it morphed into something sweet smelling....oh, and a note to all....if you use the PB Blaster quite heavily in the house-it will give you a very bad headache and other assorted side effects.....so from now on it's the garage for the petroleum products.....

Darcene
Darcene I went out to the Studio and set the machine in the treadle I have out there and low and behold it fir like a glove. So Wheeler & Wilson beds (at least the D9) fits the Singer treadles!!

Anywhoo I just knocked the dust off of the machine and started oiling it up to see if I could get it running again before I tore into it. Let me tell you after some serious oiling it was running smooth as glass!!!

I was on the phone with one of our members (that shall remain nameless ;) ) while I was oiling it up and getting it to run again and she was sooo thrilled to hear it run so smoothly!!! For a bit there it was doing some squealing and squalling before the oil got to everything it needed to.

I ran it in for about 30 minutes while talking to her and I can say that I am very excited to have this machine!! I am going to go and get some needles to use in her so I can sew something with it and see how she acts.

Thank you so much and if I think about it I will post a video of the machine on You Tube and post the link here so you guys can see the beauty in action. Maybe later on this weekend I will tear it down and service it so I can use it for my very next quilt I make.

Billy