View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
pab58

I thought you might like to see pics of my new little furbabies. Gracie is 12 weeks old. I got her about 1 1/2 weeks before I left for my conference in Durham, North Carolina. She weighs 3lbs 2 oz. Bitsy (short for itsy bitsy) is 9 weeks old and weighs just 13 ounces! It looks like we have a cat and a kitten, but they are both kittens. Bitsy was the runt of a litter of 5 or 6. I first saw her while I was down south (following the Durham trip) visiting my aunt. The little thing was getting squished beneath one of her siblings while she was trying to nurse. My aunt said, "I don't think that one is going to make it. She's just too little." My mother said my aunt could try feeding the baby some milk with an eyedropper. My aunt's reply was that she didn't have an eyedropper. My mom then suggested using a straw -- anything to try to get some food into her. We think my aunt finally gave in just to shut us up. Well, when the milk touched her little mouth, it was as if she was starved to death. Actually, she was starving to death. Her backbone was so sharp; it was like picking up just fur and bones.

Well, I kept thinking about her for the next few days and decided that I couldn't let this little one simply die. I felt that I had to at least try to save her. On top of all that the mother cat was trying to wean them so she would have died had I not done something! So now I have the sweetest little furbaby you ever did see!!!

She and Gracie are still getting to know each other, but they are sure to be good buddies. She no longer needs any help eating. She eats solid foods and drinks water from a bowl. The two of them chase each other all over the house, and Bitsy tries to do everything big sister does!! That's a bit hard for her to do since Gracie's nicknames are Ninja and Speedy!!!!! :shock: Little Bitsy, however, holds her own. I figure she must be pretty tough to have survived as long as she had before I brought her home. I hope you enjoy their pictures. ;)

Little Itsy Bitsy -- 8 1/2 weeks old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79133[/ATTACH]

Look at those big blue eyes!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79134[/ATTACH]

Sharing the food bowl!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79135[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79128.jpe   attachment-79129.jpe   attachment-79130.jpe