Old 07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by FAYE
Silence from the partner, does not make the sender happy. I have had to finally contact my partner & offer to make another one as she apparently did not get my mail. Than get an answer "oh yah that did come a while back & I laid it down somewhere" What did I do wrong!!!!!!!Nothing, or if I did ,at least let me know. There I have vented for the day.
My similar experience 3 times since winter. I sent, they did not. I received Angel quilts all 3 times, yes, but what about the person who was supposed to be my PARTNER? No communications, no "Sorry I'm Going to Be Late" message, no late quilt. It's totally not pleasant when you sign up expecting your partner to be as committed to the swap as you are!! I had a partner who had a very hard time one month, and I was patiently waiting for her. No problem since she stayed in touch. Then she stopped communicating all together, and still no quilt. I felt dumped!!! Sorry...this is MY humble opinion. If someone signs up, then they have a COMMITMENT to their partner. It's bad manners.....excuse my directness!!! :roll:

OK....I've waited a long time to get this off my chest. Yes, life happens. But guess what....other people have the same difficulties and make it happen, and it is NOT an excuse to ignore your partner's hurt feelings!!!! Thanks for letting me vent.