Old 07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Chele

I keep close track of who sends and who does not. We get a few flakes, but this swap has really grown and that's to be expected. I go as far as to PM these "flakes" and ask them to return the quilts to the makers. I don't tolerate "theft" and that's what it boils down to. It's not right to receive a quilt and never send one out.

On the other hand, if you are running late or have some problem sending a quilt, just communicate with me. I'm a mom, I'm understanding. I'll even help you work it out, no hard feelings.

As for the thanks, I never thought I'd have to have an etiquette lesson, but here goes. (Thank you, Mom!) If you receive something, you MUST thank the sender. Always. No if's, and's or buttheads! This goes for anything you receive. It's just good manners.

For this doll quilt swap you can thank you partner on this thread, you can send a PM, you can get formal and send a snail mail thank you. ANY of those would be appropriate. And appreciated. We all know the work that goes into creating a quilt. And that quilt is usually made just for you, so do the right thing and thank your partner. Otherwise I'll ground you and you'll be scrubbing baseboards in my home. That's how my mom punished me! Seriously, you know you want your quilt gushed over. So does your partner. We do a lot of well-deserved gushing here on the doll quilt swap.

Let's all be considerate, kind, and thankful. We are so lucky to share our creativity and friendship. I cherish every moment of that. Now behave or I'm getting the bucket of ammonia water out. My baseboards could use some sprucing up.