Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Well my Singer 301 in cabinet is home. She doesn't work and will need some work on both the cabinet and machine/electrical etc. but I am in awe for now. The cabinet is an adorable little desk. This is like a bigger/full size Feather Weight, I have been told. It can easily snap loose and come out of the desk to take along. It even has a cute little handle that I popped up for the picture. I have no case for it though.

I started looking for a 301 when I heard they made great quilting machines because of the direct gear drive, slanted needle and all metal parts. I hope we can fix it and get it running.

We found this machine on CL and the person was willing to take a lower offer. It was out of the area but a business friend from DH took it down for us on his truck when he came to this area.

I can't wait to play with it when it is running!
Oh my gosh! This is the same desk I have except it has a darker finish with the accent wood being black! And my 301 is also the black one. Take the bottom pan off and oil all the spots the manual says to oil. You can find it free online. I love mine!