Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Pins n' Ndls

li
Originally Posted by Katia
I was just about to post pictures of my newest baby when I saw my name and the Kenmore mentioned.

So here she is, does not have a name yet. The gal I bought it from said that she got it from the grandson of the woman that bought it new. She was 99 when she passed and he inherited it. I wish I had her first name. That would be perfect.

From what I can figure she was born in 1911. The decals are nearly perfect and the cabinet is in great shape, kinda plain, but pretty anyway. It needs a cleaning and polishing, but I think it will be great when it is done. The drawers had lots of little treasures in them. Notions and attachments that I have no idea what they are. The only thing she needs is a belt. There was one in a drawer but it is in two pieces.

My DH found this one on CL and even went and looked at it on his own. He said the lady had lots of antiques. She showed him something he thought looked like one of those meat grinders you clamp on the side of a table. He was holding it upside down. LOL. It was an old handcrank. Really super old. I saw it when we picked up the treadle and was surprised how small it was. It also looked like it was made for a left hander. Did they do that?
had one looked like this when I was first married. Being young and foolish I did'nt know what I had ...don't know what happened to it. boo hoo