Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
AbbyQuilts

Originally Posted by cizzors
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by cizzors
I need some help with this treadle I picked up yesterday at a garage sale. I'm getting excited by some of the info I'm digging up and my luck just doesn't run that way!

It's a Wheeler & Wilson D-9. Serial number is 2538191. What I'm seeing so far is that it dates somewhere between 1887-1905. There are no markings/decals on it at all(except the gold medalian on the bed)-in fact, it looks as if someone painted it flat black because I think I see brush streaks.

If anyone could help or point me to a good site for info, would really appreciate it.

I'll post some pics if I can. Not great pics and even worse photographer!
Go to the NeedleBar.org they have all of the information you could ever want.

Billy

Ok. Going to try this again. Billy, I went to NeedleBar as you suggested but not real happy with the site. Maybe I'm to impatient.

I followed all the rules and registered. Had to wait for acceptance which was the next day. Then I had to introduce myself with proper info. That was 2 days ago and still waiting on acceptance. My intro was no different then any other but obviously was not accepted because the post never showed up (as per instructions). I can't even read any posts while waiting to be accepted. I know-their rules.

I give up. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get me started, would really appreciate it.

Thanks again, Karen

Karen hopefuly they will get to you're intro soon. I now when I joined there was a bit of delay and it drove me batty because I wanted to see all this wealth of information and I couldn't.
I dont know how many moderators or admins they have but I have only *seen* a few that I can remember so maybe they are backlogged.
I would give it a few more days. Just hang out with us
:mrgreen:

Very nice machine by the way