View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
ibeesewin

I found this extender at Jo-Ann's. The table measures 18x24. It has legs that you have to push and turn on the bottom, which also have those screws like on the bottom of appliances for leveling. There are 6 of them so it feels pretty sturdy. This is an extension table for a rotary cutter/embosser machine made by Simplicity.

I have a Viking D1 machine. If I leave my accessory case attached the table opening is to small, when I remove it the table is to large. To remidy that I purchased a piece of white no-melt mylar template plastic. I took my needle plate and traced the hole onto the mylar then cut a hole for the machines needle. I then applied a couple of pieces of duct tape (man and womans best friend) and the mylar doesn't move.
The table was $39.00...but with a 40% off coupon.....wooo hooo!!!!! The sheet of mylar was two bucks, and... the mylar is slippery so fabric glides over it. I have not tried the teflon slippery mat so I don't know if it is comparible to that or not.

simplicity extension table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98877[/ATTACH]

mylar template
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98878[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98872.jpe   attachment-98873.jpe   attachment-98874.jpe