View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:23 AM
JoAnnB

Originally Posted by quilterj
Originally Posted by JoAnnB
Originally Posted by brenda21
Someone posted a picture in the picture link of a really nice laptop bag they made for their DGD to take to college...really nice :)
Last year I made laptop sleeves for my granddaughters because they weren't as readily available in the stores as they are now. I free-motion quilted the lining and the top fabric together with batting. It is all one long piece. I put a binding all the way around the piece and then sewed the side seams. It is very helpful to have the computer available while you are determining the size. Don't make it too big as it doesn't go in and out of their backpacks as easily. One or two stips of Velcro will hold the flaps down. I put two side pleats in the outside pocket to allow enough space for bulkier cords, etc.
Love your laptop sleeves. About what size was the laptops or do you remember how much fabric you used?
I made notes for myself when I made the laptop sleeves. This morning I added some information that may be helpful to you. I am attaching the pdf file. The blue one was the third one I made and also the best one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-107434.pdf (370.0 KB, 110 views)