Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by laura59
It was a great weekend. We went up north by Bob's niece on Friday. On the way up, we stopped at a rummage sale. Found a Wheeler & Wilson D-9 for $5. The serial number is: 2536978. That ended up in the van. It just jumped right in there.

Niece's husband went to a guys house to pick up some scrap metal, he saw an old machine sitting there, and the guy told him to scrap it. Nephew told him that his wife's aunt (me) collects old sewing machines. Guy told him to just take it and do what he wanted with it then. He brought it to his house. Got that loaded in the back of the van. Came back on Saturday. This one is a Domestic treadle. Serial number: 1070518.

On the way home we stopped at an antique store and I found a Minnesota with an L on the side. Paid a whopping $16 for it. Serial number is: 1130057N.

All 3 machines need a good cleaning, but, I'm happy to have them.

Can anyone tell me where I can find manuals for these machines and possibly what date they were made? I really have to stop getting machines. Running out of room. Do we really need the sofa in the living room? Hmmmmmmm. Something to think about.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Laura
Geeze am I reading this right? You got 3 treadles for $21? I thought I found the best deals on this group! LOL!!!! Nobody around here gives treadles away!

Please post pictures!

Nancy