Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Lostn51

I will have to go out there and look at mine, its in the Studio. The ones that were made out of left over W&W stock all have W in front of the number. If it is just a number then you have a Singer cast machine. But this was a short lived machine for the fact of that none of the parts interchanged with anything else Singer had. If you notice a lot of the parts that fit a 1906 Singer will fit a 1956 Singer and later. The engineers made sure of the interchangeability of the parts between different models that they made.

Billy
Ok, Billy or Miz Johnny please explain. Neither my machine nor Beth's machine has a W in front of the serial number? What do you mean by a "Singer Cast Machine?" I know mine is a Singer Model 9W. I am almost positive Beth's is also. My machine looks exactly like a Wheeler @ Wilson and is the picture of the Singer 9W so what does a 'cast' machine mean? I looked at the serial number list for Singer and it says serial numbers with a 'W' started in 1911?

So Billy are you saying that if you have a Singer made out of left over Wheeler & Wilson parts, they have parts available, but if you have a Singer 'cast' machine the parts are not interchangeable? Sorry, but I am confused and intrigued by all this information, besides I want to know what my machine is as this 9W is my favorite machine! Although, I love all 6 of my treadles!

Nancy