Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok, Billy or Miz Johnny please explain. Neither my machine nor Beth's machine has a W in front of the serial number? What do you mean by a "Singer Cast Machine?" I know mine is a Singer Model 9W. I am almost positive Beth's is also. My machine looks exactly like a Wheeler @ Wilson and is the picture of the Singer 9W so what does a 'cast' machine mean? I looked at the serial number list for Singer and it says serial numbers with a 'W' started in 1911?

So Billy are you saying that if you have a Singer made out of left over Wheeler & Wilson parts, they have parts available, but if you have a Singer 'cast' machine the parts are not interchangeable? Sorry, but I am confused and intrigued by all this information, besides I want to know what my machine is as this 9W is my favorite machine! Although, I love all 6 of my treadles!

Nancy
The "W" series will not apply to the W9 if I am right. It was just the first batch of W9's that were made out of left over parts that had the W on them. When the ones made from Singer stock were plain.

I might be wrong on this one I need to check before I set it in stone but maybe Johnny has some insight to this one.

Billy