Old 09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by laura59
Do you know where I can find some info on the Wheeler & Wilson? I'd like to find out an approximate year it was made. Also, would like to find a manual for it. Might help if I knew how to thread it also. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Laura
Laura if Miz Johnny gets on line, she can give you all that information. I posted a link the other day to Beth on where to find a manual for her 9W if you look back a couple pages on this forum. They thread really different -- the main thing is you go all the way around the tension disk -- not just down one side. And the Wheeler & Wilson's wheel goes backwards to a Singer's wheel.

Nancy
You guys are crediting me with a lot more memory than I have!! I really don't know anything about dating a WW; I usually just choose to phone a friend!!
Needlebar used to have this wonderful program where you just input the machine manufacturer and model # into the program, and an approximate date popped out. I miss it!! They also published a Needle Book, which gave the needle size for each machine. Sadly, it has never been reprinted. I think there was a rash of "This is wrong" types of comments, much like you hear over Charles Law's books. ANY TIME you are dealing with that much information from that long ago, there are going to be mistakes!! We should accept that, and be grateful for any information we can get!!