Old 11-04-2010, 06:15 AM
BoJangles

Ok you guys I have been so frustrated with my sewing machine! I spent a month FM quilting on my 15-88, basically doing thread play, all over a Halloween cheater panel. It turned out so cute! So much fun!

Well, now I had to get serious because I am in a Mystery Quilt class so I am piecing with my very expensive modern machine. I spent most of yesterday and already 2 hours this morning trying to figure out why it skips stitches. I went through a ton of needles, different sizes, kinds; then I changed the upper tension by all up and down the scale; then bobbin tension; cleaned the machine; put some oil in the bobbin assemby (my machine does not call for oiling); I did everything I could think of. My stitch got better, but still skipped once in a while! I can't have skipped stitches in a quilt top! So frustrating!

Well, this morning I had to change the bobbin out completely, I had wound a new bobbin and I used it up trying to figure out what is wrong! Guess what! It was the bobbin! When I took the bobbin out for the 100th time I noticed it was not real smooth feeling, it didn't look real round! So I have been throwing away bobbins all morning! This machine has bobbins that say Pfaff on them, the bad ones don't say Pfaff, they are knockoffs -- and thicker and not perfectly round!

Geeze!

Nancy