Old 11-04-2010, 01:38 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Use that new Featherweight! I would toss the modern into a closet and only pull it out for decorative stitches that could be use in quilting or finishing a binding. I read that the straight stitches on the FW are far nicer than any modern machine.

I would love to see your Mystery Quilt top.
I would love to use the new FW, but my DH says I can't have it to use until Christmas because I already have plenty of other machines to use! That is the deal I made with him when I wanted yet another machine! Bummmer! I have the Pfaff all set up in a cabinet in my sewing room -- so I usually piece with it!

I just finished the Halloween panel with my 15-88 treadle so I could treadle this Mystery Quilt, but I don't quite have the nerve to treadle a Mystery Quilt! It is hard enough when you are making a quilt with clues and don't know what you are making, then to add doing it with a treadle! I want to do my first pieced quilt done on a treadle with a simple design! This Mystery Quilt is all in Tonga Treats, batiks and I have no idea what we are making. I am on Clue 7, there are usually about 20 to 25 clues before we get done!

Nancy
Never heard of a Mystery Quilt before your post today. I looked up mystery quilts. That sounds very interesting and fun! I'm looking forward to seeing yours. I also understand your apprehension to quilting on the treadle since it take some time getting comfortable treadling. It is good to start with a simple design. Have fun on your project.