Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Never heard of a Mystery Quilt before your post today. I looked up mystery quilts. That sounds very interesting and fun! I'm looking forward to seeing yours. I also understand your apprehension to quilting on the treadle since it take some time getting comfortable treadling. It is good to start with a simple design. Have fun on your project.
I love doing Mystery Quilts. Lots of people don't like not knowing what they are making -- I think it is fun. This is my 4th Mystery Quilt -- loved the first 3 -- I gave them all away as gifts. The gal that does this class used to manage a quilt store near me. She moved to Cape Cod after inheriting a cranberry farm there -- from Folsom, CA! Anyway, she had quite a following with the Mystery Quilt Class so she is now doing it on-line. Clue # 1 is the purchase of your fabric. She only tells us how much to get of a focus fabric, light fabric, coordinating fabric, etc., we have no idea what we are making! Shirley picks a quilt pattern and breaks it down into clues. There are usually 20 to 25 clues before we are done. The quilts range in size from twin to king. I am now doing the Queen size.

Nancy