Old 11-06-2010, 10:21 AM
BonniFeltz

Originally Posted by Suz
I love teaching. Presently, working with several ladies at the church and have taught 16 years in the 4H program. I am no longer with 4H, however one of the gals (14 years) is my pride and joy. Her handquilting is better now than mine ever was. She is just a sponge. I have cut her loose as I have given all that I know to give her. She can read directions, and draft. We do get together from time-to-time when she is having a problem. Incidentally, she hand quilted a king and queen this summer for two grandmothers. Remember the summer heat? Guess what she got with the money they gave her??? She purchased her first Bernina. How's that for 14?

I use two-ply embroidery thread and usually use a strong contrast (black). If I'm going to do this handwork, I want it to be seen. I even use two when I work with wool applique.

Yes, I am doing the project. Mine is in greens and pinks on several background fabrics. My problem!!!!! I do not know how to post photos. Will someone tell me what to look for in software? I looked and do not recognize anything on the desktop. I haven't checked the laptop, perhaps there is a program on it. I really need to learn how to do this.

Okay, off to my playroom. I am working on another Quilt of Valor that I need to finished this w/e. If you are interested, I'll tell you later how many of these quilts I have made over the past 3+ years.

Suzanne
Hi there. Can you get the pictures to your desktop? Or is the problem there as well as getting to post. To post a picture from your desktop, you hit reply to a post (not the quick reply) and underneath where you post it says file attachments. Click on browse and find your picture on the desktop. it will probably say something like "open" when you choose the picture. Click open. You're almost done. That should take you back to the page where you post your message. Hit send. Hope that helps. PM me if you have further questions.