View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 PM
kristen0112

What I am writing is from what I remember so please be aware that I might have forgotten some of it. I found the pattern online it was free but can't find my copy and I did not book mark the site either - darn it.

The strips were 1 1/2 inches by WOF, I did 8 different fabrics and the measurements will be for that number. You'll need to make 5 strip sets, cut 4 and save the 5th you'll need for remaining pieces. Sew Fabrics 2 & 3 together, 4 & 5 together and 6 & 7 together. Then sew those together sewing from opposite directions i.e. sew one going up then flip it and sew from the other side going down, repeating and adding the two end pieces on the correct ends. This helps keep your strip set from warping. Also use spray starch as the triangles will be on the diagonal will stretch easily.

I took a 12 1/2 inch ruler and used a sharpie marker to mark a line. From the diagonal center line place another ruler on top measure 3/4 of an inch above that line, and mark with sharpie.
Then mark a second line starting again from the center diagonal line measure 3 1/2 inches above and mark with sharpie.

Now your ready to cut triangles. Using the ruler you just marked cut dark triangles (larger triangle) out along that side. Then on the remaining light side fabrics cut your light colored triangles (larger triangle). From each strip set you should get 2 dark and 2 light large triangles and 1 small dark triangle. You'll need 8 - large dark triangles and 8 - large light triangles, and 4 - small dark triangles.
With the remaining strip set cut the 4 - small light triangles.

Now sew 2 large dark triangles together repeat with remaining dark and then do the same with the large light triangles. Here's where my memory is a bit fuzzy but I think I sewed them this way (see photos) then you match them up and sew together. I sewed one half then made the other half and sewed the two halves together.

I folded my topper to show how the to assemble the pieces to form the 'block' DARK with a light small triangle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122775[/ATTACH]

light with a small dark triangle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122776[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122770.jpe   attachment-122771.jpe