Thread: Avatar Quilts
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Boscobd

My avatar is a pattern called Northern Escape designed by Kathryn Squibb. It is from a publication called Gathering Friends (Kathryn Squibb and Deborah Jacobs). I won the publication as a doorprize at an event at a LQS when I first started quilting (about 4 years ago). The quilt in the publication used northwoods fabrics (cabin on a lake and other scenes). I fell in love with the pattern and thought that maybe sometime I'd find some fabric that suited AZ more than the northwoods. On a local shop hop a few months later I found the SW desert scene fabric and everything fell into place. I found the other SW fabrics on the same hop. I made the quilt top right away and then it sat for a couple of years as I was new to quilting and was afraid to try and quilt something as large as this was (72x89 was HUGE to me for a while!!). Finally last year when I had a bunch of time off for the holidays, I decided to quilt it. By that time I had worked my way up to larger quilts and into FMQ. I'm glad I waited - this is one of my favorite quilts and is now on our bed for the winter!

SW Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122814[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122809.jpe