View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 AM
omak

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
I don't have enough scraps for a quilt but I think I will try this as a scrappy pillow, just making a strip from what I have in 2.5 inch width.

I did a mockup of the jellyroll with paper strips and I just cannot see how the quilt can fail to have the same fabrics adjacent to one another, which always draws the eye and would annoy me. It is really guaranteed with this method because of the folding, although if you chose carefully which side of the strip to sew, you can limit it a bit.

Fromthenest, are you SURE you didnt cheat a little on yours?!! I can't understand how your colour distribution came out so well!
It may have gotten lost in all the chatter of this thread - - we are all just so excited at this fun and fast quilt! ;-) :!: :!: :!:
At any rate! The one quilter that may have solved the like colors matching part said that after she had folded and cut her piece in half, she took one section and turned it around ... I haven't spent any time trying it yet, but if you consider that by turning and changing the side you stitch on - - the problem should be well solved. <wave>