Thread: My Second Quilt
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 PM
MomtoBostonTerriers

This is the second quilt I've completed, a Christmas present for my father. He recently commented that he was sad his alma mater recently dropped the Little Colonel as its mascot, so when I saw this kit made by "Varsity Quilts" at the Houston Quilt Show two weeks ago, I snapped it up. Dad just celebrated his 90th birthday, so I decided to get busy and make the lap quilt for his Christmas gift -- at that age, one can't presume on the future.

I redesigned the kit so I could make this quilt using the Cotton Theory Method; took me about an hour of mental time while I was trying to fall asleep to work out the details, and viola! it worked like a charm.

Several weeks ago, I asked for advice on this board to help me with stippling. Thanks to all the comments you kind quilters shared with me, I have been practicing a lot and I can see some improvement.

My Dad was the first person in his family to graduate from college, the University of Mississippi.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131483[/ATTACH]

Quilt Inspector takes a very careful look at my handiwork.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131484[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131476.jpe   attachment-131477.jpe   attachment-131478.jpe   attachment-131479.jpe