View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 06:40 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Looks like a wonderful new room. You should be able to gets lots of beautiful quilts made in there!!! Looking forward to seeing you new Watercolor Floral Log Cabin quilt!! Your first one was gorgeous!!~!!
Our house has books, hundreds of them in every room, practically!!! No one room dedicated to books, they are everywhere!!!!
Thanks! I plan on making some doll quilts first, and maybe wall hangings... then another quilt. I have been collecting more fabrics and made some changes to the design strip and color wise.

We also have many books. There are at least 500 in my daughter's room and she has many at college. There's more in my bedroom. There were maybe 3000 in library, stacked and double rowed. But, hubby and I are getting rid of "stuff". I get books out of the library now. Fourteen bags are going to the library, four bags are going to a new teacher friend, one bag of Ideals is going to the asst living place, and many bags went to school. 90% of the books in the new library are here because I'm a teacher and because my kids had MANY books as they grew. Once I retire, many more can go. There are at least 10 boxes of books in the attic waiting to be moved to the kids' new homes when they're ready. I can't wait to be the "reading grandma." I have all the easy first readers, Dick and Janes, my Patricia Polacco and quilting picture book collections, and my kids' favorite picture books waiting for when it's time. So much to look forward to.

:-D :-D :-D