View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Tippy

OK.. this is for Sharon and a few other followers. It will take a few minutes to get it all in so be patient with me.

Needless to say the first step is to pick your block and the fabrics you will be using. The pattern I have chosen for this tute is "Spring Blossom".. I have selected a "focal" fabric and several others that co-ordinate with it because this block is to be one in a sampler that I am making.
Step # 2 is to trace the patterns onto clear plastic and cut out the templates.. These will be cut out without seam allowances.(We'll add them later). Mark all the templates with piece numbers, letters and any other identifying marks.
Step #3. See pic #1 marking pieces on the corresponding fabrics. Pic 2 and 3 are the petal pieces traced onto the chosen fabrics. Those tracing lines are your stitching lines for the pieces. You will now mark a second line 1/4" (approx) outside that line.. this is your cutting line.

Place template on the backside of the fabric chosen and mark around it. I use a sharp #2 pencil, white pencil or permanent marker.. whichever is appropriate.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141703[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141698.jpe   attachment-141699.jpe   attachment-141700.jpe