Old 01-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Momma_K

Originally Posted by jkwynn
(((Carol))) Sorry for your loss. :(

Muriel - I'm very interested in hearing about that HCG thing. The only time I've ever lost weight without really trying is when I first got pregnant, both times.

Somewhere back a page or three, someone mentioned a hamburger veggie soup. I think I'm going to tweak that a little for my family's tastes and have some on hand for quick lunches or snackies. Beats ice cream, right?

I also like hard-boiled eggs for bfast, and picked up some FF cottage cheese and some pineapple chunks *in juice* tonight, too. Yum.

So far, I'm doing fairly well. I almost forgot to take a picture of my scale this morning, though. (I'm doing this every day, after reading the picture-a-day article about documenting your year...)

Keep up the hard work everyone!

PS - I didn't make it to the Y today - I couldn't - No REALLY, I couldn't. I had to wait on the FedEx man to bring my new machine! (Any bets on if I make it tomorrow instead of playing with my toy?)
Hey, that stew is sooo easy! It's been in my family for as long as I can remember. I didn't add everything here that I add originally but I add a lot more catsup than 1/2 C. I also add about 2 TBS sugar to kick the bite of the tomato products. I add the freshest veggies as I can get, thats why I do frozen. I let the vegetable cook (boil) as long as it takes to get tender. Then add the tomato sauce and or paste and catsup. Those are full of vitamin C and big in helping to fight against Cancer. I like making it because of all the benifits you get and too it's very ok to freeze it if you over do like me and make way to much! My family loves the stuff and it's also good for colds, I add pepper to taste. Sometimes I'll get away with adding red pepper flakes but thats only when I know the small kids aren't eating and the older ones love it. That's also good for arthritis. I made some two nights ago and some os still in the fridge. It just betters with age! But tomorrow it's going to the freezer...after I have a bowl for lunch! OK thats my .2 cents worth...yell if any questions! Good luck, I know you'll make it your way and love it!