Thread: discouraged
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by Maia B
Look in the classifieds for a recent offering of Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!! It was one of my early instructional books and I still use it. Might be free, will be a bargain, for sure. You press the seam allowances to one side, usually toward the darker fabric, but also so that when seam allowances meet, they go in opposite directions and nest snuggly. Almost forgot...WELCOME! And don't get too discouraged. The learning curve us shorter than ever, look for YouTube tutorials and videos. Lots if freebies on this site. I post giveaways fairly often. Declutters my studio, puts my unused items to use, rectifies wasted purchases, and hopefully "pays it forward" for all the blessings I've received from other quilters.
I love the Quilt, Quilt, Quilt books (1 and 2). They are set up in lessons (I think originally set up for a teacher to follow in doing classes). The lessons walk you through basic techniques. Really easy to follow and great pictures. This poster is right on all points. You can learn a lot by viewing videos, tutorials, etc. And ask anything you care to ask. I have asked a lot of really weird questions and have always been helped by someone. There is always someone who comes up with the answers for you. Welcome to this board. good luck.