View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 PM
MaryAnna

OK, the snow & ice is my friend! I finished project #2 today. I did the top quilting, made binding, bound the quilt, made the hanging sleeve & label....washed the quilt in the bath tub (it's a large lap sized wall hanging). Le Jardin is DONE! it has been 1.3 yrs in the making...whew! It's drying in the guest room on card tables. So photos are forth coming in a few days. I'm THRILLED to get that one done. Much learned from that bad boy.....some tips for all as well.

Tips:
I've developed a 'new' quilting term and method.....it's called The Header. It's hardly noticeable, but a big time saver......putting a sleeve on a quilt by machine. I used monofilament thread in the bobbin & cotton on the top, then sew the sleeve on with the clear thread on the outside- quick & easy. I REFUSE to sew one on by hand, so I needed another way....so The Header was birthed today. It's best if the top border is heavily quilted, meandering or stippling...mine wasn't, but it still looks great.

We need tips to quickly get through our projects...so share yours as well.

Now I'm gonna tackle the Mystery Bom tonight....but alas, the weather is warming and I'll be heading to work tomorrow...so snow is no longer my excuse for a quilting marathon!

Blessings,
MaryAnna