Old 01-30-2011, 06:16 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by happymrs
Are all the blocks you shown us, using the same size strips, 1 inch for the creme backgrounds, & 1.5 for the florals? I bookmarked the last ones you showed us, so am just curious? Love log cabins, & with the flowers, yours are beautiful, so want to play with some & try some out! Wonder if these strips are for the small quilts you show in this one, but use wider strips for others? Thanks for all the info, & sharing with us! Great work, all very beautiful! Love it!...
Hi Nancy... yes--every block has the same width strips. I've never liked the look of log cabins made with wider strips. I've never cut them more than 2" for any log cabin I've made. The first projects, inlcuding the big quilt, were made with a differently designed block. That one ends with two lights. I wanted more floral, so reworked it so it ends in florals. I like both blocks the same; maybe the original one better in lay-outs because the circles are more defined. I have some of both started, but I need to work on some other projects before I can get back to them.