Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
Hmmmm....

I am considering doing this. I am a newbie, so it does feel intimidating, but Rhonda sounds so accommodating and helpful that I think I might be able to pull off a block or two :)

I am going to give this some serious consideration and look at all the links Rhonda provided.
Wholeheart go to the Blocks section and try making a Boston Block. Once you have played with that then you can see how easy it is to make the Blocks. Then all you have to do is make as many of them as you need for the quilt block you want to make and follow the color placement when you make your blocks. Once you have 36 Boston Blocks made then you just sew the squares together into a Quilt block. It isn't hard it just looks intricate. The cut down method makes the tiny piecing for you! If you can follow the Boston Block then the rest of the Blocks are no harder to do. They just have slightly differant steps but the same process.

And yes I am usually here. I work at home so I am on and off here all day and evening. so if you need any help I will be happy to help. I love helping people to see the ease of the cut down method. I'm basically lazy so anything that takes the work out of quilting is my kind of quilting! LOL