Thread: blizzard quilt
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Feathers

Hi Teddy:
I made a Blizzard Quilt about 2 years ago. It is very, very easy...mine was also very, very ugly! :lol: What I have done with it is whenever I need a color or print that coordinates with a "pretty" quilt I'm making, I "harvest" that color out of the Blizzard Quilt so the Blizzard quilt isn't in too good a shape! The instructions I followed said to use scrap fabrics in whatever size pieces suited you so that's what I did. For my taste, the quilt "needs" some proper prior planning! The story that came with my directions indicates in the old days when the blizzards howled outside the door the lady of the house would gather up all the old, worn out clothes in her rag bag and salvage the parts of the clothing where the fabric was still good and she'd make much needed quilts for the family beds. She would then keep the worn out sections of the clothing and she would use these for the "batting" in her quilt. Way back then the WORD "re-cycle" hadn't been invented, yet but the meaning of the word sure was. I don't want to give up my modern conveniences but the old times weren't all bad, either. Good luck with quilt.

Feathers