Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

I have a Lotus 66-1, Thistle Marie, that started me on my journey of using a treadle. I purchased two vintage machines on the same day, Singer 15-91 and Singer 66-1 in treadle. After a day of playing with the 15-91, I got brave with the treadle. Treadling takes some getting use to, but there is something peaceful about these vintage machines and they are very forgiving with us (like a sweet Grandma). Well, I fell in love with the treadles. This is a baby quilt that I pieced with my Lotus 66, Thistle Marie, and quilted with the Singer 15-91. It is a Moda pattern. Now all my piecing and quilting is done on treadles. Have fun treadling!
I LOVE that baby quilt! I have some Bliss charm squares that may want to be that, when they grow up! If those are prarie points sticking out around the border, they are the perfect little "fondlers" for baby's fingers to grab. Great quilt...

Your "Thistle Marie" looks exactly like mine! Another brown lotus! That's what I'm piecing my baby quilt with right now. I love that machine. The bobbin mechanism is just a wonder, isn't it?
You are going to love this machine. You can straight stitch quilt with her too even if you don't have a walking foot or quilter. All you need to do is mark off the distance or use masking tape. Mine loves the cheap threads and hates the more expensive ones.

Hunt for a Singer 15-89 or 90 to use in your treadle for free motion quilting. The 15s work better for the FM than the 66s. So, when I FM, I use my 15-90 in my treadle.