Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I think it is the Damascus cabinet that will fit the National Two Spools.
I like being able to help folks identify their old sewing machine stuff.
I would dearly love to have a Two Spools machine and cabinet! I bought my Elgin irons at an antique mall type store, I didn't know that I would be using them to power a machine. I wasn't into treadle machines at that time, I just liked how they looked. They are so smooth![/quote]

The Two Spools is a fun machine to sew with. If you find one just make sure it has a "can" with a spool that fits the can.

I got lucky with my find. My machine had been sitting on CL for well over a month (hidden). I had just happen to pick up a free non working electric Graybar from the sidewalk. The lady giving away that machine told me that National made the Garybar. I started researching National which lead me to one photo of a National Two Spools (Damascus Annie's). It was that photo that help me identify the Two Spools on CL. Well, I was on that machine the very next day! The guy wanted $80, but I told him I was only interested in the machine. The machine had been an emachine (motor long gone) in an ecabinet. I got the machine for $30. I do believe the guy though I was nuts for wanting this machine, and to treadle with it too.

And somehow the machines find us. In Weedwoman case, they multiple in her closet. :)