View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 AM
DonnaBatiks

My mother-in-law kept saying that every time she would come to visit. It was driving me crazy. Then she showed up this last Thanksgiving and wanted to "whip" together a t-shirt quilt for her grandson. Because after all we "new generation" quilters did it so fast and didn't have to save and gather fabric etc, etc.... Well I made her buy the fabric and the fusible. I donated the batting and rails etc. And then she started bitching again that she couldn't believe fabric cost so much and we were at Hancock's not even a quilt shop! Then she couldn't believe that it took so long to put together etc.....and the tools that were needed.......errrr.......... I was even cutting the fabric...she was only sewing. And because I have an A-1 Longarm I was able to quilt it before she left town. Now this meant I also had to have Thanksgiving dinner cooked, stop anything I was working on, sell Real Estate and finish quilting a very large t-shirt quilt that week. I do think she finally has a little bit more appreciation for quilters and hopefully will think twice about "surprising" me with request.............but I doubt it!
I agree with everyone else on this thread, ignore the old man and we quilters all think your quilt is beautiful and know the hours you have lovingly put into it! You should be very proud of it.