Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by cla8655

does any one here have an idea base on the information that I have how old is my machine and where I can get information about it? thank you so much, I have been reading all the comments and you all are expert in this area. I even got here idea on the curtains for my sewing room. thanks, clara
NOTE: the photos are here in page 742
Clara, I am also curious about your machine. It is very pretty, but I don't think it is really old. It looks like a Model 15 clone. What is puzzling to me is that there were no sewing machine manufacturer's - at least not major ones - in Taiwan until I think the 1950's or 1960's? I could be wrong on that one, that is why I am asking Billy for his opinion. Japan, I think, was ahead of Taiwan in that Japan started manufacturing sewing machines for domestic use in 1928 under the Brother label. Takai started making domestic machines in 1949, so I'd guess your machine to be newer than 1949 - but again, we need to ask Billy. I don't know?

I am just as curious as you are. Is the machine all cast iron with metal gears? Belt driven? Is there plastic anywhere on the machine?

I'd bet Billy knows the answer to about how old your machine is.

Nancy