Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Jennalyn

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by Jennalyn
Hello! I have a quick question and didn't know whether or not you might be able to help me.

I recently inherited a Bernina 530-2 from my grandmother. I've opened up the entire machine for a cleaning and an oiling, both of which went very well. However, the instruction manual mentions needing to oil the motor and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the darn thing open!

It may be worth mentioning that I have a machine with a European power source, since she purchased it in England. She used to have my Granddad open things up for her and oil them, but unfortunately he recently passed.
I don't know about a Bernina, but with my Singer FW & 403 there are certain holes to put oil or grease in. I just follow the diagrams in my manual. Nothing said about opening up the motor. Does your manual have a diagram to follow?
I'll need to double check when I get home and can look at the machine again, but I don't believe there are holes. With the rest of the machine, I had to slide off parts and oil on the red dots, which were also noted in the instruction booklet. The only reason I worry about the motor is because there was an addendum at the end of the oiling section talking about oiling the motor every six months (daily use only) or yearly.