Old 03-04-2011, 02:54 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Stummel
Oh, what a fun thread! I just inherited this old Singer form my husband's aunt, but haven't actually tried it out yet.

I used to have vintage Singers and an Elna, but sold them when I moved, and up until now only had a modern Janome.
Hi Stummel,
Congrats on your beautiful machine! I read some of your past messages. Your pinwheel "repo" quilt that you made has the same fabrics, Moda prints, that I used in a baby quilt for my niece. I used the Moda fabrics and followed their tutorial for a baby quilt with prairie points. That quilt was made before finding the world of vintage machines with a Janome machine. And then I found my vintage ladies and cowboy. Here is a picture of another baby quilt that I made for my other niece, same pattern just different fabrics. I made it on the Singer 66-1 shown in the photo. Sewing and quilting with vintage machines is so much fun and relaxing!

I say that even though we are looking for the machines, somehow it is the machines that find us. Seems you let some nice machines go to new homes, but in the process a very beautiful machine has found you. Thanks for sharing! Have fun sewing with your new treasure!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131429.jpe