Old 03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
n2scraplvr

I mixed scraps I had recently won with my own to create this little Whiligig mini. I call it "Pieces Worth Saving." This is a great project to do in front of the tv or during travel time. Here's a little tutorial for you plus my own pattern piece.

Mini Tutorial:

1) Make a cardboard template from the pattern piece.
2) Grab 4 scraps of fabric that are larger than your template and with a pair of scissors, cut carefully around the template laying on top of your fabric all 4 pieces at once. You'll need 18 darks and 18 lights for this mini.
3) Lay all your pieces out on your design board and move them around until you have a pleasing layout.
4) Sew the first 2 blades together. You will now have the shape of a rectangle. Starting at the bottom of the dark blade (the widest part), trim off 1/4". Trim the fabric on the other sections of your block in the same area as the first. It will now measure 2-1/4". Sew the top 2 blocks together. Sew the bottom 2 blocks together. Join the pairs. Square it up to 4-1/4". Repeat until all blocks are joined. Join the rows. Voila! Your new 11" x 11" mini! Add pleasing borders.

Hope you enjoyed my mini tute and will try my pattern! Thank you for looking!

8-)

"Pieces Worth Saving"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142071[/ATTACH]

pattern piece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142072[/ATTACH]

here's how it will look without borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142073[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142066.jpe   attachment-142067.jpe   attachment-142068.jpe