Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM
girardgirl61

I have a Baby Lock Quilters Choice, which is about 5 yrs old, but has been used very little, until the last yr. It started having an uneven stitch, so took it in for a checkup. It turned out I was using prefilled bobbin it and it didn't like them. Anyway, it was $129.00 for the cleaning and check. Outrageous. This was at the place I bougt it. B-Sew Inn in Tulsa. Thought this was a little pricy, plus had it for almost 2 weeks. Next time, I will look elsewhere for cleaning and such. Have a Baby Lock Esante, and a Baby Lock Serger also. Have gotten them all at B-Sew Inn and love the store, but just not happy with the repair bit.

I also have an old Singer 99K, a Spartan, and just bought a Little Green machine by singer in a cabinet for 15 dollars, can't remember what number 185 maybe. I also have a 401 singer and a Brothers and a White I bought at the thrift store for 5 or 10 dollars each....and a small Janome that I take on trips . I never leave home without a machine and my quilting tools and fabric and a project or two. I also take along a ball of cotton yarn to crochet or knit dishcloths with if I am waiting somewhere, dr. etc. My kids think I am crazy, but that is ok. I would like to be able to set up machines and teach young girls and boys in my neighborhood to sew this summer. It is becoming a lost art since they no longer teach sewing in school. Maybe just a dream, but was a 4h leader and girlscout leader when my kids were young and enjoyed it.