Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
IT_Nana

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by IT_Nana
I can't find any other dates on it, but I need to take a flashlight and look underneith it. I'm not sure what you mean by the slide plate... Is it that round plate on the back that covers an opening into the machine? Mine is plain ... no dates.
No, the slide plate is under the needle -- what you open to get to the shuttle/bobbin area. My slide plate has a series of number printed/engraved in the plate.

Nancy
My slide plate is plain, no markings at all. The only other markings I can find are on a plate on the front of the arm which indicates needle sizes. I'm attaching a picture of that. I double checked my serial number and it is indeed 827313. On one of the websites I looked at I gathered that it is a #5, but can't find that now.

Also, there is one for sale on ebay right now that is a beautiful machine and is the same cabinet type as mine, but the markings on the head identify it as a "Will C Free", not "The Free", like mine. I would snatch this up in a minute if I were in Illinois...it's in incredible condition!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

plate on front of Free sewing machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131686[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131681.jpe