View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 AM
clem55

Originally Posted by Shunem
My DD, at age 10, is still terrified of self-flushing toilets. When she was three we were on a road-trip, and I took her into the potty, got the pants down and was holding her up just a little off the seat.....WHOOOOSH!!

She screamed bloody murder,(you know how the acoustics are in those gas station toilets?!?), and I whisked her to the floor, dripping the whole way. I tried as quickly as possible to clean her, and myself, up, and get her all back together, while she is doing that little foot-stamping dance children do when they are terrified, screaming and crying with all her might.

I finally unlocked and opened the door, and the manager and assistant manager are standing there blocking my way, looking at me like they are trying to decide whether to call the cops on ME! I looked the manager square in the eye and said, "You need to get that toilet fixed, pronto!", and carried my poor little one blubbering out to the car.

Then DH, after having heard the entire tale, comments, "You didn't actually let her sit on the seat did you?". Arggghhh!!!
When daughter was 1 year old, we flew to Calif. She was able to tell me she needed to have a BM by scrunching up her face. Well, we had the same toilet thing on the plane that made an awful whoosing sound constantly. It scared her so bad that she climbed right up on me, and wet all over us both. For two years after that, getting her to sit and have a BM were torture for her and me.