Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 AM
melinda1962

I love the cool retro look and color!! My husband's uncle gave me a machine that he got when he had worked at a garment factory, and ordered his wife one from a salesman, that looked similar to yours, where the tension dial is, where that red dot is on the door that opens the face, but had no badge on it. He seems to recall it being a Newhome, but I cannot find the name on it anywhere. Either way, mine is from the mid70's with the "woodgrain" plate on the front, uses cams, that the aunt finally found, and does a lot of tricks. Heavy duty machine, and good to have on hand.

Melinda

P.S. I like the way we all rescue machines from the curb. The one he gave me was headed to the dump.

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Although I am the Happy Treadler, I also do love any and all vintage machines. My SIL's dad called me last week to say he's got an old machine that he would really like to give me, and that if I don't take it will go to the curb. Of course I couldn't let that happen, so we had a rendezvous at the bus stop to meet (no, I didn't tell DH I was getting yet ANOTHER machine, allbeit free).

This is a picture of the machine, and I have to say I SO fell in love with it! I LOVE the color, LOVE the vertical bobbin that inserts from the FRONT (unlike the other vertical bobbins that go in on the side), and even though my intentions were to pass this one along, I have to say she's now home where she belongs. I really did need a machine with a "ZZ" capability & fancy stitches set up in my sewing room. She adds color to my sewing room, and is one of very few electric machines that are included in my 'herd'. She's a Japanese repo of the Singer 15 (called a Universal, and I just can't get over how well-built this machine is. AND she weighs a ton! Just needed to clean her up and give her a good drink (geez, she was so thirsty she squeaked!). Happy happy me. :)