View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 05:34 PM
JudyG

Originally Posted by sandpat
Gosh....that one is so pretty too Elle! Everyone's blocks are simply gorgeous! I'm working on 17 tonight. At least I'm on to the larger pieces so it will go faster.

I sewed down a set of funky cats for the swap today...I was just sewing along and then...hmmmmm....machine didn't sound right. I stood up to look and found that I somehow had wound about 17 miles of thread around the hand wheel on the top right end of the machine. GRRRRRR.....my "still rough" hands must have snagged it when I reached behind the machine for something (I'm terrible about leaving the spool sitting there with the tail loose when I change thread colors). GRRRRRR!! So..undid it and stopped for the day. Gawd..I'm an idiot!!!!

I'm finding that the board is pretty slow right now Elle, so it might not be all your computer. Give them time to fix it...then maybe you need to clean up some other areas of your machine.
Oh, Patti, I feel for you. I have done that a couple of times. I really try to be careful, but sometimes things just happen. The first time I couldn't get it apart to get the thread out so had to take it in for servicing, but now I know how to take care of it myself, thank Heavens.

Finished my #16 block except for the center. I'm not sure what I'll put there. I'm thinking about scanning and enlarging one of the pieces I used for the flowers and printing it on fabric, but haven't made up my mind yet, maybe the green piece.

Block 16
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177623[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-177617.jpe