Thread: Arthritis pain
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by nett2
What do you do for arthritis pain in the hands? I don't want to take prescription pills for it if I don't have to. It's just recently started and I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet.
I don't have much pain in my hands, just stiffness. My right wrist hardly bends at all. It is only painful occasionally. Now my back is another matter. I do take the generic form of Mobic which helps a lot. I also lay down mid day just to rest my back. I also will wash dishes in nice hot water and wash my hands to warm them up and remove a little of the finger stiffness. I find the most important thing is to keep them moving. One time I mentioned to my doctor that knitting, crocheting, and sewing were becoming difficult. He said that maybe I shouldn't be doing those things then. My reply was, "Well, that's not going to happen!" He didn't say anything.
I use Mobic, but see here that you have found it in a generic brand. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction, please? The brand name is a bit expensive.

Thanks so much,