View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
ccbear66

Originally Posted by Feathers
ccbear: My guess is you won't have enough time to work after you get orders for the carriers...you maybe creating a new business for yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Questions:
1. Do you sew all around the placemats and leave only the one end open which you said the spoon keeps closed.
2. Where you have the spoon, do you have like button holes on the top placemat and a tab on the inside of the bottom placemat so you can stuff the tab through the button holes and slide the spoon in? Or, how did you do that?
3. Did you line the inside of the carrier with anything like Insul-brite to help keep hot stuff hot and not burn the person carrying the carrier?
4. I love your little embroidery motifs on the top...Fresh from My Kitchen, etc. Did you create those yourself or do you have an embroidery pattern for them? They are so cute.
You sew around 3 sides of the placemat and leave the one end open. On that open end I put two putton holes on the top placemat and also on the bottom placemat in the same place. Then you just thread the spoon thru those holes. I didn't put a tab but I'm sure that would work also. I did not put any of the Insul-brite in mine but some of the ladies on sew forum were adding that. All of the designs that I used were free ones and I think that they all came from sew forum.
If I can be of any further help let me know.