View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 04:37 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Katrine
Sure do Quiltncrazy, it's an MC6600 and it is a wonderful machine. But also like Jackie says, lots & lots of practice. But I just could not do fmq on my 2 previous machines. For me the big difference has been the speed control which I set at halfway at the moment for free motion until I get a bit experience of it. And since I got some Machingers gloves I seem to handle it all better as well.
I am just binding a lap size I've quilted & will post it in coming days.
Re the gloves ... I had read that some quilters wear gardeners gloves with the little "dot" on them. I purchased a pair that are knit with the dots. They feel very comfortable. I can't wait to try them out. I had tried another pair of gloves that were woven fabric and found that they didn't hug my hands well enough. The knit feels better.

I think you were smart of try a runner before a larger quilt. Now maybe I have the courage to start FMQ. I'm still a Quilt-in-the-Ditch or crosshatch quilter.

Earlier someone mentioned her work being too far away when she used the table extension. I like my work close also. It comes with the territory of being vertically challenged (SHORT STATURE). :lol: